Whipped Holiday Sugar Scrub
What could be better than an exfoliating sugar scrub? Use this sugar scrub to refresh your skin after long, cold days. The perfect addition to your shower time routine, and now easier than ever. If you want to know how to create your very own Sugar Scrub for personal use, or to add to your brands product line, you won't want to miss this simple recipe.
Why I love Stephenson's Foaming Bath Whip Base?
What you need:
- Stephenson's Foaming Bath Whip Base (Also known as Crystal OPC)
- White Sugar
- Fragrance Oil (I used Snowday, and honestly I am obsessed. This is one of the most perfect Holiday Scents I've come across in a long time. It is the perfect blend of Spruce, Mint and Sweet Vanilla)
- Liquid Dye (If you want to colour your scrub- feel free to leave it white if you want!)
- Additives such as Apricot Oil, Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil. You can be creative in the additional ingredients you add, choose ingredients that you love to see in products.
- Cake Mixer/ Electric Mixer
- Piping bag/ tips
Figure out your recipe:
Please note this recipe is dependent on how much scrub you would like to make at one time. It is important to weight your ingredients ahead of time to calculate how much of each additive you need to add to your base. Weigh your Foaming Bath Whip Base at the beginning of your recipe to calculate the weight of your additives:
- You can add up to 2-3% additives, including exfoliants, fragrances, essential oils, and butters.
- You can add up to 8% distilled water to loosen the base if required.
- It is not recommended to use more than 50/50 sugar to base ratio. Using a 50/50 ratio produces a high performing scrub.
Example: If I use 1000 grams of Foaming Bath Whip Base, I can add up to 30 grams in additives to my base. Plus an additional 8% in water. Please note you can add more sugar to your base, but it is not recommended you exceed 50%.
How to make your own:
- Put your Foaming Bath Whip Base into the bowl of your mixer. Make sure to scoop or cut your base into small pieces before adding to mixer, or it could result in a poorly whipped base.
- Begin to mix the base on low speed until the product loosens up
- Switch mixer to highest speed and whip product for 4-5 minutes. Your base should double in size as it is being whipped.
- You may need to use a spatula to scrap the sides of your bowl intermittently as it whips to ensure all of your product is incorporated.
- Briefly stop whipping and add your additives to your base. (Fragrance, sugar, oils or butters, liquid dye)
- Begin to whip again on high. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Whip for 5 minutes.
- Check the consistency of your sugar scrub, if it seems too thick for your liking, add your distilled water up to 8%.
- Mix base with water again on high until fully incorporated.
- Decant your base into piping bags if desired, and pipe into your selected vessel.
Top your scrub with a cute seasonal soap embed:
Amazon Mold Link: 6 Pack Christmas Silicone Molds - Small Breakable Chocolate Molds & Candy Molds - Chocolate Bomb Molds - Fondant Molds for Cakes, Birthday Gifts, Butter Molds, Silicone Molds for Baking & Gifting : Amazon.ca: Home
Make it shimmer:
The use of a mica duster bottle, or simple dusting some mica powder on the top of your sugar scrub will make it look extra luxurious. Try one of our shimmery micas to create this effect. Superstar Gold Fluorphlogopite Shimmer Mica – Fizz Fairy Krazycolours Inc.
Not sure which Scent to choose?
We have so many amazing Holiday Scents available this year. Let me drop you a list of some of my personal faves.
- Snowday: This fragrance is everything I want in a shower product. Its subtle, fresh and warm all at the same time. With refreshing notes of Spruce, Mint and Vanilla this fragrance fits the bill for any holiday product you're looking to make.
- Santa's Whiskers: This fun fragrance is on the sweeter side with notes of Sugar, Vanilla and Pine Needles. The pine fragrance pairs well with the warm vanilla notes and makes for a delicious scent.
- Zesty Orange Spice Garland: Feeling spicy? This fragrance is a blend of sweet orange and holiday spices. With notes of Cardamom, Ginger, Cinnamon, Clove, Orange and Vanilla, what's not to love?