Quick-&-Easy Pink Valentine's Day Candles
Did you know how quick and easy it is to make your own candles at home? With plenty of options for Super Strength Candle colorants and an ever growing library of Premium Fragrance Oils, we can help you create any candle you can dream of!
- 1 lbs. of candle wax (We used Golden Wax 464)
- 1/8 tsp. Superstrength Candle Colorant (We used a little red to get pink)
- 1.5 oz of fragrance oil (We used Blushing Tulips & Peonies)
- Wick stickers
- 4oz. heat proof tins (makes 5)
- Digital scale
- Thermometer or Heat Gun
- Spoon or whisk
2. Melt your wax in a double-boiler. Once it starts melting, sprinkle your candle colorant into the wax. Stir occasionally to combine as the wax melts. (It's easier to add your color while the wax is still semi-solid)
3. Heat until a thermometer reads 185°f and the wax is fully mixed with the dye.
4. Remove from heat. Add fragrance oil and stir gently for at least 2 minutes.
6. Once the wax has cooled to between 110°f - 120°f you can pour it into your tins. Pour slowly to avoid bubbles, and fill just below the line. You may want to reserve extra wax incase the top solidifies unevenly, or use a heat gun to melt it.
7. Allow the candle to cool completely before trimming the wick. Allow the candle to cure for at least 72 hours before burning.